A. Current Affairs
1. Name the Iranian Army General who was killed in January 2019 in a U.S. drone strike.
2. Name the spiritual guru and LSD pioneer who recently passed away.
3. Who is the newly-appointed Foreign Secretary of India?
4. Name India’s first Chief of Defence Staff.
5. Who is TIME magazine’s 2019 Person of the Year?
6. Who won the World Women’s Rapid Chess Championship?
7. Who is the highest-paid YouTuber?
B. General Awareness
1. 1492 Pictures is owned by which movie director who shares his name with a famous explorer?
2. What is the collective noun for a group of owls?
3. Havelock Island was renamed to what in 2018?
4. October 2 is the birthday of which great Indian leader?
5. El Al is the national airline of which country?
6. Visiting relentless.com takes you to the site of which retail giant?
7. Which beverage, popular in South East Asia, shares its name with a Greek athlete?
C. Logical Reasoning
1. The following question is based on a code language in which PERCEPTION is written as QMPTMQXDCL and RELAYED is written as PMZDNMO. How is NOTICED written in this language?
2. The following question is based on a code language in which FORMATION is written as ZPXTJOBSL and RACIAL is written as XJNBJQ. How is RATIONAL written as in this language?
D. One word Substitution
The science of idea – Sophiology
An argument deceptively reasonable – Sophism
One who reasons falsely – Sophist
Worldly-wise, artificial – Sophisticated
Student in the second year of high school or college – Sophomore
One who loves wisdom – Philosopher
Relating to the Greek playwright called ‘the wise one’ – Sophoclean