A. Current Affairs
1. Name the Indian state where the world’s second oldest rock has been found.
2. What is the full form of NEET?
3. Name the tennis player who won the 11th Monte Carlo Master’s title.
4. Name the world’s oldest person who recently expired.
5. Who won the award for Best Playback Singer at the 65th National Film Awards?
6. Name the Sri Lankan filmmaker who recently died.
7. Name the Chief Justice of a High Court whose recommendation by the Supreme Court Collegium for elevating him to the Supreme Court has been rejected by the Central Government.
B. General Awareness
1. Acid rain is caused by the pollution of the environment by:
a. Carbon monoxide and Carbon dioxide
b. Ozone and Carbon dioxide
c. Nitrous oxide and Sulphur dioxide
d. Carbon dioxide and Nitrogen
2. Which of the following is not a gaseous air pollutant?
a. Oxides of nitrogen
d. Oxides of sulphur
3. The novel When The River Sleeps is written by:
a. Anuradha Roy
b. Vikram Seth
c. Shobha De
d. Easterine Kire
4. In which country did the world’s first organized motor race take place?
5. Who won the prestigious Gujar Mal Modi Award for Innovative Science and Technology for the year 2015?
a. Prof. Mustansir Barma
b. G. M. Reddy
c. Vivekanand Kain
d. Amalendu Krishna
6. ‘Entomology’ is the science that studies…
a. behaviour of human beings
b. formation of rocks
d. none of these
7. Which country uses the ‘Birr’ as its currency?
8. How many Nobel Prize Awards are awarded each year?
9. World Autism Awareness Day is observed on:
a. April 2
b. April 3
c. April 5
d. April 1
10. Who invented the World Wide Web?
a. Tim Berners-Lee
b. Martin Cooper
c. R. Samuel Tomlinson
d. Charles Babbage
C. Logical Reasoning
1. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word DECORATE each of which has as many letters between them in the word as in the English alphabet?
e. More than three
2. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word AUGMENT each of which has as many letters between them in the word as in the English alphabet?
3. More than three
3. How many such letters are there in the word ORIENTAL each of which is as far away from the beginning of the word as when they are arranged in alphabetical order?
e. More than three
4. In a certain code, PLEADING is written as FMHCQMFB. How is SHOULDER written in that code?
e. None of these
D. One word substitutions
One who writes dictionaries – Lexicographer
Roundabout way of speaking – Circumlocution
One who believes easily – Credulous
Indirectly in a circumlocutory manner – Periphrastically
A person characterised by nobility, integrity and courtesy – Galahad
Carelessness and intentional abandonment – Dereliction
Eating voraciously – Gormandizing
Permissiveness in matters of freedom of thought and conduct – Latitudinarianism