A. Current Affairs
1. Name the Tamil Nadu politician, the five-time Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, who passed away in August 2018.
2. Who won the recently-held World Badminton Championships 2018?
3. Who was the Ghazal King from the South who passed away in August 2018?
4. Name the new algorithm that predicts crime before it even happens.
5. Name the new Prime Minister of Pakistan.
6. What is the new name of West Bengal going to be?
7. Name the ex-Pune Film Institute director who recently passed away.
B. General Knowledge
1. Which World Heritage site in Karnataka translates to ‘place of coronation’?
2. Who discovered oxygen?
3. Which football team’s nickname is ‘Baggies’?
4. Choudhry Rahmat Ali coined which country’s name?
5. Which German football player recently announced his retirement from the national team?
6. Who wrote The Catcher In The Rye?
7. Who is the CEO of LinkedIn?
8. Who directed Casablanca?
9. What is the currency of South Africa?
10. What is the capital of Libya?
C. Logic & Reasoning
Directions (for Q. 36 to Q. 40): Some friends are sitting on a bench. Sunil is setting next to Sunita and Sanjay is next to Bindu. Bindu is not sitting with Sumit. Sumit is on the left end of the bench and Sanjay is on the right side of Sunita and to the right side of Sumit. Sunil and Sanjoy are sitting together.
Based on the above seating arrangements, select the correct alternatives out of the five given in the following questions:
1. Sunil is sitting between __.
a. Sunita and Sanjay
b. Sunita and Bindu
c. Sanjay and Sumit
d. Bindu and Sanjay
e. Sumit and Bindu
2. Who is sitting in the centre?
3. Sanjay is sitting in between _.
a. Bindu and Sunita
b. Sunil and Sumit
c. Sunita and Bindu
d. Sunil and Bindu
e. Sumit and Bindu
4. Sumit is sitting on the __.
a. Second place from right
b. Second place from left
c. Extreme left
d. Extreme right
e. In the middle of all
5. Bindu is sitting on the __.
a. Extreme right side
b. Extreme left side
c. Second from left side
d. Third from left side
e. In the centre
D. One word substitutions
Prevailing, common – Prevalent
Lazy, indifferent – Lethargic
Supreme, foremost – Paramount
Antagonistic, angry – Hostile
Careless, negligent – Remiss