A. Current Affairs
1. Name the U.S. Secretary of State who recently visited India.
2. What does the medical term C.C.T. mean?
3. Name the only Sanskrit newspaper in India.
4. Who won the 2019 Women’s French Open singles’ title?
5. Who won the 2019 Men’s French Open singles’ title?
6. Name the American heiress and ‘Jeans Queen’ who recently passed away.
7. Who is the author of the book The Doctor And The Saint?
B. General Awareness
1. In the Third Battle of Panipat the Marathas were defeated by:
2. Who said, “Swaraj is my birthright…”?
a. Lala Lajpat Rai
b. Vipin Chandra Pal
c. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
d. Subhash Chandra Bose
3. Rana Sanga is related to __.
4. Kanishka started the Shaka era in ________.
a. AD 62
b. AD 78
c. AD 82
d. AD 88
5. Who was the first British Governor-General of India?
C. Logical Reasoning
1. Of the three numbers, the first is twice the second and the second is twice the third. The average of these three numbers is 21. Find the largest number.
2. A certain job was assigned to a group of men to be done in 20 days. But 12 men did not turn up for the job and the remaining men did the job in 32 days. The original number of men in the group was _____.
D. One word Substitution
Unlawful seizure – Usurpation
Give up – Relinquish
Beyond calculation – Inestimable
Yielding to a demand – Compliance
Nobility of spirit – Magnanimity
Prof Dr. John Mathews is a professor of English Literature and Philosophy. A motivational speaker and columnist, he is the author of The Wisdom & Power of Positive Living and An Encyclopaedic Treasury Of Positive Thoughts For Effective And Creative Living.