Competition Corner: December 2019
A. Current Affairs
1. Name the persons who shared the 2019 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
2. Who won the 2019 Nobel Prize for Peace?
3. Who won the 2019 Nobel Prize for Literature?
4. According to Forbes India’s Rich List, who is the richest Malayali?
5. Name the saxophone maestro who recently passed away.
6. Which environmentalist was awarded the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration?
7. Who is the author of the book The New Delhi Conspiracy?
B. General Awareness
1. After which individual is the country of Bolivia named?
2. In which country will you find the city of St Petersburg?
3. Who is considered the first sultan of Egypt and Syria?
4. After which historical figure is Leonardo di Caprio named?
5. Who recently sailed on the Malizia II solar-powered yacht from Europe to the U.S.?
6. The fans of which football club are called ‘the Kops’?
7. Who is referred to as the ‘Father of the Milk Revolution’ in India?
C. Logical Reasoning
1. ‘Data processing’ is related to ‘Raw data’ in the same way as ‘University’ is related to __.
2. Find the odd word out.
3. Find the odd word out.
4. Find out the missing number of the series 5, 6, 9, 15, …? …?
D. One word Substitution
Obsessive desire to steal – Kleptomania
Dread of heights – Acrophobia
Dread of open spaces – Agoraphobia
Dread of cramped quarters – Claustrophobia
Delusions of grandeur – Megalomania
Prof Dr. John Mathews is a professor of English Literature and Philosophy. A motivational speaker and columnist, he is the author of The Wisdom & Power of Positive Living and An Encyclopaedic Treasury Of Positive Thoughts For Effective And Creative Living.