A. Current Affairs
1. Name the Frenchman who crossed the English Channel for the first time using a hoverboard.
2. Which is the highest-grossing film of all time?
3. Name the senior BJP leader and former foreign minister who passed away in August 2019.
4. Name the African-American author, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature, who passed away in August 2019.
5. Name the first Indian men’s doubles pair to clinch a BWF Super 500 tournament.
6. Name the celebrated computing pioneer who has been chosen as the face of Britain’s new 50 pound note.
B. General Awareness
1. The British invasion of which area led to the Sepoy Mutiny?
2. Who was the last Governor-General of independent India?
b. C. Rajagopalachari
c. Sardar Vallabhai Patel
d. Jawaharlal Nehru
3. Who wrote the Mahabharat?
4. Who built the Red Fort of India?
a. Sher Shah
d. Shah Jahan
5. In whose memory was the Taj Mahal built?
a. Noor Jehan
c. Mumtaz Mahal
d. Shah Jahan
C. Logical Reasoning
1. Father is 5 years older to the mother and the mother’s age now is thrice the age of the daughter. The daughter is now 10 years old. What was the father’s age when the daughter was born?
a. 20 years
b. 15 years
c. 25 years
d. 30 years
2. A father told his son, “I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth.” If the father is 38-years-old now, then what was the son’s age five years back?
a. 14 years
b. 19 years
c. 38 years
d. 33 years
D. One word Substitution
Calmness, self-control – Equanimity
Boldness, daring – Effrontery
Astounded, amazed – Flabbergasted
One of no importance – Non-entity
Ruin, collapse – Debacle