The sleeping kid smelt smoke. Fire was emanating from the overloaded electrical outlet in his room. Then he saw the fire spreading in his house. His two-year-old sister was sleeping on the same bed, but the five-year-old boy didn’t panic. Noah Woods got out of the bed. It would be too late to wake up his parents sleeping in the other room.
Noah picked up his sleeping sister, Lily, and through the only opening, the window, he got her out of the house. Then he noticed the family dog, too, was sleeping there. So the little boy re-entered the room and pulled the dog out to safety.
Six of his family members, including his parents and grandparents, were sleeping in the other rooms of the house. But Noah could not enter them.