We’re all excited to bring in the Year of Kindness, a unique initiative launched by the Rotary and Rotaract Clubs of Mumbai Bravehearts, The Teenager Today, Kindness Unlimited and the World Kindness Movement, this month!
A vital aspect of this movement is the mobile and web app that will drive this initiative to identify, track and acknowledge acts of kindness across the world.
The KINDER App
What does the KINDER App do?
The KINDER app, developed by Inventeam Solutions Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, enables you to record instances of kindness, enter details of the beneficiary of the kindness and track your web of kindness as it spreads, one act at a kind.
What are the features of the KINDER App?
The Android and iOS versions of the app will be available for download from 27 March when we launch the movement.
The salient features of the app are as follows:
1. An easy-to-use interface that makes it very simple for anyone to navigate through.
2. You will need to register yourself on the app with your mobile number and other basic details.
3. Begin your Kindness journey by recording a kind act that you have done or a kind act that has been done to you.
4. Acts of Kindness have been broadly classified as done to: Oneself, another person, another living being (plants, animals, birds, etc.) and the environment.
5. Specify the type of act, the time involved in the act as well as the monetary value as applicable. Describing the act in detail will give us a repository of inspiring stories which we hope to feature in The Teenager Today, month after month!
6. If you are recording a kind act, provide the name of the beneficiary of the act or the initiator, depending on whether you are a giver or receiver, and a mobile number for the same. If no mobile number is provided, the Act of Kindness will still be recorded against the name of the initiator; unfortunately, it won’t be able to track it any further.
7. The app will generate a message for the persons who received the kind acts, asking them to spread the movement by doing a kind act to somebody else, downloading the app and begin recording their own journey of kindness.
8. Participate in the campaign as an individual and/or as part of your school, college, company or any other organization, if your organization decides to participate as a unit.
9. The app will display your history of kind acts, initiated by you and received by you, which you can access at any time.
10. At the back end, the app will track the length of the kindness chain for each individual and organization, entities with the kindest acts, entities inviting maximum people and organizations to the cause, the geographical spread of the movement and many such parameters.
Naresh Karmalker is a development consultant, entrepreneur, trainer, networker and dreamer. Having spent three decades in the non-profit sector, he has also spent the last decade supporting business entrepreneurs in Mumbai grow their business. Naresh has been associated with The Teenager Today for nearly 30 years and is a huge believer in the power of the youth to change the world.